Monday, October 8, 2012

Zumba Certification

I've mentioned it before. The rekindling of my inner-childhood flame that came from finding Zumba. The ability to let go and shake it like a Polaroid picture drop it like its hot enthusiastically dance like I did on every possible occasion during my single days, all while spending time with wonderful ladies, relieving built up stress, and getting a killer workout. (After all, Zumba is known as exercise in disguise cause its so fun and you definitely do not feel like you are working out. That is, until you feel the sweat dripping down your face/back/chest.)

Last year, I was going consistently 4-5 times a week for months. Then sadly I got out of the routine when my fellow carpoolers had to stop making the trip to the dance studio several miles away.

Then a few months ago I found a free Zumba class once a week in a church building in the neighborhood where we bought our first house (not super close- but closer than the the dance studio I had gone to last year.) 

Like a fish back in water @ the free Zumba class with fellow dancers 9/12/2012.

After wanting to get certified to teach for more than a year, I decided I to buckle up and register for  Zumba certification. Tim was very supportive of the idea and so I register for Zumba's Basic Steps 1. And on that fateful Friday, September 28th, after hours of dancing and a whole lot of sweat, I completed the certification!


Hooray for Zumba!!
This week I will help team teach my first class! I'm so excited!! If you have not tried Zumba yet, you are sorely missing out. I know that for most, the first few classes you may still feel like a little awkward, but rest assured, no one will be critical of you in a Zumba class. There, you will find acceptance among friends. If you are local to me and want to participate in the free class this Thursday at 8pm, let me know and I'll give you the details!

No comments: