Friday, February 10, 2012

Sickness Haze

I finally feel like we are coming out of a sickness haze. On Sunday the 5th, Tim left to attend a convention in LA. The whole family got out of bed to take him to the airport. His departure coincided with terrible sickness on my part. I had a bit of a cough a day or so before he left, but that Sunday, things got really bad. Unproductive cough, could barely breath, massive sinus pressure and drainage, and horrible aching all over.

Normally, our sabbath day involves going to church, and if we watch TV at all, its movies, and usually movies that are produced by our church. The Scripture Stories are our favorite. (If you don't have them, definitely worth the investment.) Going solo with all three kidos is intense, but doable. But since we were sick, it just wasn't going to happen. Sadly, or maybe not so sadly since its because she was feeling well, I could not get Amelia to sit still and rest. (Glad that antibiotic was working so well for her ear infection.) Because it was a survival time, I made an exception and allowed some Veggie Tales on Netflix.

Breaking our family rules to survive sickness and being without daddy.

Miles came up to me while I was laying on the couch and said he wanted to snuggle. Within minutes he was out cold.
Sunday we thankfully had left overs to eat. Monday, I was finally feeling well enough to make some more food. I made some vegetable soup. Amelia is currently LOVING red cabbage and so we decided to put some of that in the soup. It turned the broth a cloudy color, but the bright purple was pretty. The soup was just what we all needed.