Sunday, February 12, 2012

Just call me Dr Mom

Remember how Tim went out of town last Sunday, Feb 5th? Remember how I was super sick and could barely breath? It just so happened that on that very night, Miles chucked the tinker toy cylinder at Amelia's face and it split the skin at the bridge of her nose clean open. I could tell it would need more attention than a band-aid since it was gaping and would leave a NASTY scar if not taken care of properly. Before loading all the kids in the car or asking a neighbor to come stay with the boys while I took Amelia to the ER, I took a picture (below) with my new iPhone and sent it to Annie and John, asking if they thought it would need stitches. (Remember how Annie is an RN, and John is in his plastics residency? Super convenient.)After brief insepction it was decided that they probably wouldn't stitch it because it was right in the middle of her face, but that they would use some dermaglue if I took her in.... After hearing this, I put the boys to bed and miraculously found some steri-strips from my c-section with Brodrick. I lay her down on my bed, and doctored her up myself. She passed out within seconds of her head hitting the pillow.


...before...

...after...
I am oh so thankful Tim insisted on my getting the iPhone. It is so great to be able to take and send pictures.  Below are pictures I took 5 days after the cut happened. The steri-strips fell off and we are putting Neosporin cream on it morning and night. Amelia's nose is still a nice light rainbow of buising, but we are so thankful that the cut is healing so nicely.

Miles and Amelia 10 Feb 2012- Despite the tinker toy throwing incident, repentance and forgiveness is alive and well in our home. They are still the best of friends.