Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hair Styles, Braiding, and Tying Shoes

Amelia has super long hair. She loves it but HATES to have it brushed. I can usually get the tears to stop with mentioning that it wouldn't hurt so badly if some of the length was cut off. She does NOT want her hair cut so just the word "cut" brings down the hysteria a few levels..

I am always on the look out for cute/fun styles for my daughter's hair, that I can actually do. She will hold still for me to style it every few days, but also loves to just wear it down with a clip to keep the hair from falling in her eyes. I few months back I stumbles on a site that I LOVE, for great tutorials on how to do some hair styles for girls. Its called Cute Girls Hair Styles. One of the styles that I do most often on Amelia from the site is the Same-side Dutch Braid. Here's a look at our version:

 Super cute, right?! (Pictures were taken in our old house some time the beginning of February.)

Amelia loves having her hair braided, especially because it makes it easier to brush out the next day.

More on Amelia- she learned how to tie shoes and braid hair earlier this month. She caught on to both things very quickly. I love watching her grow and learn and especially to be the one teaching her and sharing the joy for the new skills she is learning. What a blessing to be a mommy!

No comments: