Thursday, October 13, 2011

Name them one by one

The weather today was perfect. I love the weather autumn weather. When it was raining and nasty last week, I was worried we were not going to be able to enjoy autumn this year. Thankfully, things warmed up and dried off. This evening the kids and I went on a walk to a nearby park. It was wonderful to enjoy time together.
I love this girl's pose.

Miles loves the swing


Swinging on mom's lap, makes everything right in the world. PS, Amelia took this picture while we were swinging back and forth. Not bad.





It doesn't get any better than digging in the dirt for this kid.


I've spent hours over the last week, up in the night with Brodrick. He is working on getting 4 molars at once (I feel like he's been cutting them since the end of August). Its been a long painful process for both of us, but more so for him than me. Mixed in with the vomiting over conference and the molars coming in, he also was bleeding around his left ear tube. It then became blocked, which caused an infection. Now that he is over the stomach bug (which made him loose more than 8 lbs) he is constantly eating. It is a challenge to keep him full. He is now a full time walker and loves to be play chased by anyone in the family. He babbles more than I remember any other child babbling at his age. He tries very hard to imitate words he hears and does a very good job getting them out.




This girl is such a joy. Amelia is growing and maturing like crazy. We still have our occasional disputes but for the most part she is so helpful and loving. Like all big sisters, she can be bossy but has a good heart. She is always eager to help me with things like dishes, cooking, laundry and cleaning. She is enjoying home school and loves reading and violin. When we are leaving the house I don't have to help her with things anymore as she can get herself ready and even help with the boys if I need it. She is a great mix of girly girl and Tom boy. She loves pink and feeling pretty but is not afraid to get dirty and is great at catching insects and finding worms. She now brushes her hair herself and will hold pretty still while I style it in the morning.



Love his helmet hair.

Miles is such a boy. He loves cars, bugs, super heroes, and playing with other boys. His favorite thing to do at home is puzzles and he's quite good at them. He wants juice all the time and I feel like I'm constantly refilling his cup for him. He is getting used to eating a wider variety of foods, and often hears that he needs food, not just juice to grow big and strong. Now that there are new people serving in the nursery, he enjoys going. After a get together with friends this week, Miles declared, "Mom, I was kind!" And he was. He played so well with Amelia and the other kids. That is something we have been working on together. Oh how grateful I am to see him succeed in an area where he wants to improve. Miles is also talking like crazy. I am so grateful that his communication ability is finally up to speed with what he has to say. He is not shy and loves to express himself and talk to anyone who is interested and willing to listen.

Today was a great day, with minimal fighting and correction. I am feeling extra blessed. It is such a joy being the mom to these sweet children. What a privilege it is to get to raise spirit children of our Heavenly Father. I find myself able to relax more now that they are all getting older (than they were...) and are gaining independence. I can't believe the three of them are getting so big. Its bitter sweet.

1 comment:

scooping it up said...

Your kiddos are so cute, those blue eyes are amazing!