Monday, October 17, 2011

I like to ride my Bi-Cycle!!


I can't get enough of this great weather. Last week we went on a bike ride- technically I'm walking and pushing Brodrick in the stroller- at least once a day. Amelia and Miles LOVE to go on bike rides. These were from our ride to the park on Friday I would be lying if I said I was excited or even ready for winter. Oh how I dread the cold, snow, being stuck in the house with the kids all day, sicknesses being passed around the family, I could go on but it will just make it worse.. I'd much rather it stay like this with perfect weather all the time. So lets focus on the perfection that is my family enjoying low to mid 70's in October in the Beehive state.




This is Miles saying that he wanted me to take a picture of him being a pirate.

Tim came with us this time. We were so happy to have Daddy along for the fun.

Miles on his Strider Running Bike. The idea behind the bike is that children will learn balance first- mastering the most difficult part of riding a bike- then be able to easily transfer to a regular two wheeler and learn to pedal. Miles LOVES this bike, and so do I. It is just great and he is SOOOO fast on it!




 I think its so important to get out and be active as a family, to instill a love of the outdoors in my children. It has been so easy for us where we are now. Where ever we end up after graduate school I hope we live close to a great area for the children to ride bikes and have great access to other outdoor activities.

(Random fact about me and the Queen song "Bicycle Race"- While back-packing Europe with my friend Heathyr we saw so many bike racks filled with bicycles and people riding them everywhere. I sang and sang "I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike, I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride it where I like!....." and Heathyr had never heard the song before. And while I sang Bicycle, she sang Bike by Pink Floyd to me, "I've go a bike you can ride it if you'd like. Its got a basket a bell that rings and things to make it look good. I'd give it to you if I could but I borrowed it...." which I had never heard before.)

1 comment:

Cassie said...

it must have been a while since i had looked at your blog... because i opened it up and saw this little boy with light blonde hair and gorgeous blue eyes and, for a second, thought "who is that?" brodrick is SO grown up and so adorable!