Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Amelia! Cause You Only Turn 5 Once

On January 2nd, Amelia turned five years old. Since her 4th birthday Amelia told me she wanted a My Little Pony party for her fifth birthday. She stuck with that theme until late November, when she decided she wanted a fairy party. So we planned to do a fairy theme since then and worked little bits at a time making decorations and things for the party.

Amelia was so excited to set the table.

Birthday Girl

Amelia wearing her wings. Behind her are hanging the halo's we got for everyone.

Amelia wanted a Tinker Bell bun in her hair.

...so excited for her friends to arrive...

We ate lunch at the party, so cute seeing all the little girls with their wings and halo's.

This picture goes to show just how concerned I was about getting pictures of everything. I took a picture after we had searved all of the sandwiches. My friend Geidy who was also Amelia's Sunbeam teacher last year, and mother to one of Amelia's friends, made that delicious tortellini salad! (Thanks Geidy!!)

...we played the game Pin the Wings on the Fairy...
(I used this image and traced in onto a large piece of paper without the wings, an then traced, and cut out a set of wings for each girl to pin.)

....and sang happy birthday....

....Amelia was very excited focused on blowing out her candles and making her wish...

...  all the girls choose a cupcake to eat...

... and enjoyed eating them...


... what cute fairies....

The girls LOVED the wings and halos, and we sent them home with each of the girls instead of favor/treat bags. I bought them from halohaven.com and got an amazing deal on cyber Monday. If you are wanting to know where to buy fairy wings, look no further.

Even though Amelia wanted a fairy party, she still wanted some My Little Pony's. I told everyone what she wanted, and 6 of her 7 guests got her something my little pony. She was a happy girl!
...post party with a fairy pony...

These flowers I made for the chairs. They were SUPER easy. I made them with a double layer of tulle fabric tied into a bow with extra long ends, then tied the long ends into another bow and opened/separated the "bunny ears" part of the bows and fluffed them.

It's hard to believe how quickly time has passed. Oh how I love my sweet girl.


Happy Birthday, Amelia my love. The last five years have been the best of my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Birthday celebrations are quite amazing and pretty. I am planning my niece’s birthday at one of beautiful Venues in San Francisco in a couple of months. Will make the same tiara and cakes for her. Hope she feels delighted and enjoy with her friends.