Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pinterest Inspired

Are you on Pinterset? If not, you should be. Leave me a message with your email and you will promptly get an invite.

I love the ideas I get from Pinterest. Back in December, I saw a drawer that had wheels added to the bottom, stuck under the bed for some added/organized/inexpensive/easy access storage. Because my shoes were piling up at the foot of my bed I knew this would be a great solution for said shoes, and no more hunting for the lost half of the pair in the abyss. Since I happened to have a drawer in my garage from an old entertainment center, all I would need would be wheels for some great shoe storage. Perfect.

I went to Lowes to find some wheels. There in the isle I discovered that my "inexpensive" plan would not be so inexpensive as wheels were ranging from around $2 to more than $6, PER. WHEEL.... Pinterest fail. That is until I saw the furniture glides hanging above the bins holding the wheels. Furniture glides were just over $2 for 4 of them and could probably get the job done. Score. I went home to get my "DIY pinterest" on.


The drawer. When I'm feeling ambitious, I may paint this sucker.

A photo of me and the boys, since I can't pull the camera out and not take of picture of them these days.

...drilled some holes (4 total) into the bottom of the drawer...

...twisted these into the four holes (I- didn't need the white parts shown above)...

  
I have our bed on risers so there was plenty room for the drawer. With the glides, the drawer moves easily through our thick carpet.

There you have it. Now go have fun looking on pinterest for some great ideas to pin and share with others!

No comments: