Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Trick-or-treating

I am so thankful the weather was perfect Halloween night for some trick-or-treating. Amelia didn't need to wear a coat and I went out in a t-shirt.

The kids, all geared up and ready to go!

Amelia went as Ariel the mermaid.
In true Miles fashion, he was your friendly neighborhood Spider Man.

And Brodrick was a cow. We worked ahead of time to encourage a Mooing sound to come out of him. The closest sound he produced was a hum. Still, it was pretty cute.
I think it could use mentioning that the whole scary aspect of Halloween I completely despise. A few masked Halloween goers, terrified Brodrick and he screamed as though his life was soon coming to an end. His whole body was tense and it took some serious rocking in my arms with his blanky and reassuring comfort talk to calm him. I wish that Halloween could be care free and kid friendly, but there is always someone who has to go, and deck out their whole yard/house/themselves in horror-ish and gorey decor. I do not see the fun in terrorizing small children. That, I could certainly do without. Amelia and Miles were also quite disturbed by a bowl of candy that was offered to them that had a motion sensor that triggered a skeleton hand to some out and grab over the candy. Not cool. Other than my children being terrified, it was a pretty good night.

No comments: