Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Counting My Blessings

It was bound to happen. I got sick last week and it was absolutely nasty. I was happy that we were taking turns, and then Miles got sick again. Oh boy... Lets just I am relieved it's behind us.

It's no secret Thanksgiving is my favorite. I thinks it absolutely wonderful to be able to focus on our blessings for a whole month in anticipation for the holiday. I love that it is spent with friends and family, that we focus on the blessings we have.

In the past I've posted things that I'm grateful for every day on the blog.With all of the sickness we've been dealing with, I didn't really have energy to dedicate to doing that.

Even though I didn't post about my blessings every day, I am oh so blessed and especially grateful for the things that the Lord has blessed me with. All of my difficulties are definitely first world problems. Yes, we've been sick, but we've had access to doctors, medicine, fresh water, and food to help us recover. Our illnesses have not been life threatening. We've been able to be together as a family in our comfortable home while we've been sick. My husband has a job and is able to attend a University to get his education. Tim is worthy and holds the priesthood. When Miles and I were up in the night vomiting together, we each able to get priesthood blessings of healing from him. All of these things I have while I have a personal relationship with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  I think of all of God's children who do not have those things that I often take so much for granted. I am humbled and oh so grateful for the blessings in my life.

No comments: