Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Suzuki Violin Celebration

I am so grateful we are able to have Amelia take violin lessons from an amazing teacher.


Amelia got to be in her first violin performance on Saturday, the 29th. It was pretty exciting for her. She played a few music pieces pizzicato on a stage with other students then participated in the "Twinkle Costume Parade" where she paraded around a large room holding her violin on her shoulder during play position. She had a small mis-hap and the violin slipped from her and hit the hard wood floor pretty hard, loosening her fingerboard. Thankfully, we have been trying hard to practice every day, and discovered the need for a repair first thing Monday, and now have it back safe and ready to be played tomorrow. Amelia was so sweet when we realized together that it was broken, she kept saying, "I'm so sorry I dropped it and that its broken." and kept asking, "Could I still play violin?" It was adorable. I love that she loves the violin so much. I hope she always have a love for learning about, listening to, playing, and practicing her violin.

No comments: