Friday, September 30, 2011

General Conference

I'm pretty excited that this weekend I get to hear from the living prophet on the earth, Thomas S Monson! Not to mention the rest of the general authorities.

It will be great. I have been gleaning little gems from General Conference since I've been a mother. As opposed to what my general conference experience used to be like: note book, pen, watching every minute of every session. Now that I have children though, things are different. Between the three kids, it is kind of tricky to get a whole talk in uninterrupted. Is it just me?? Rather than watching every minute, my goal is to hear as much as I can. To listen intently, which doesn't always work. One can try.

The plan is to get the kids involved. Guess what the church does now? Just found out they do a whole list of activities for children. If you have little ones who need entertaining during conference, check out the link. I will be printing off a few of those beauties. Who knows, it might bring back getting in a whole talk. ;)



No comments: