Friday, September 28, 2012

We Choose Our Battles

Amelia is a night owl, and LOVES to sleep in. However, with the bus coming around 8am I have had to go in and wake her most  mornings to get ready for school. Bed time can sometimes be a struggle with my sweet girl, as she loves one on one time with mom. Last night, after tucking Amelia into bed, (which involved talking, snuggling, and saying prayers) she came into my room. Normally I would have been stern and made her get back in bed, but I decided to let her climb into bed with me to talk/snuggle/be silly/take pictures.

So happy together

Silly Faces
I feel I can be too serious as a parent. Lately I have really tried to lighten up and take time to be silly and laugh with my kids. It has been making a great difference in our relationships, and has helped them to better understand the important of things when I get serious.

After about 15 minutes of quality one on one time, Amelia willingly climbed back into her bed and fell right to sleep. 

No comments: