Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Lavender Burn

End of June Brodrick had touched Tim's soldering iron and burnt his finger. I knew that lavender was good for burn so I put some directly on to his finger. Seconds later, he rubbed his mouth/lips. The result was a horribly painful burn on his mouth, much worse and more painful than the soldering iron burn on his finger. For a few days it wouldn't scab over, but was an open, draining wound. Every time he would move his mouth, to try to talk, eat, etc., we would cry out in pain. It was so swollen and uncomfortable for him. Poor guy!

Pictures taken June 2, 2012
full face shot of B with his lip burn

.. a close up...

... and this picture shows how much more swollen the burned side of his mouth is than the other side of his mouth...


I know that my children and I have sensitive skin. It is just amazing to me that he got such a burn from the lavender oil. I am constantly reminded of how much more sensitive we are than average people out there. Brodrick and I were both so relieved when it was finally healed.

No comments: