Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I have an announcement.....

We are expecting a baby!!

After several years of thinking and praying about adoption, we are getting our home study done!! We feel like a little one is come soon.

To answer some questions:

Our home study will be done around the end of June. (We are waiting for a document from the State of Oregon, and then we are good to go.)

After the home study is done we will send it out to several agencies and a few lawyers, in faith that we will find our baby.

We are open to any ethnicity. But I think she will be a shade of brown.

Yes, she. We will specify that we want a girl to the agencies/lawyers.

Why specify a gender? Because we can. It may change but being raised with 5 sisters, I want Amelia to have a sister.

Selfish? Well, I'm pretty sure that if we're supposed to adopt a boy the Lord will tell us between now and a placement, so we get the right baby to our family. (The home study will not state a specific gender.)

On the home study we will be open to a sibling group of two, up to the age of 4. We will also be open to some special needs.

So there you have it. We are excited for this new adventure! Please feel free to ask more questions in the comments section if you have them, and I'll answer them as they come.

13 comments:

Mary said...

VERY exciting! You have always been a wonderful advocate for adoption.

stephanie said...

that is exciting! If we were to adopt again we would also request a girl for the very reasons you said. I hope everything goes smoothly.

Devin said...

so so so excited for you guys. can't even say!!! hope the process is quick and painless for you guys... but i won't lie.. it probably won't be :oS ... prayers are with you! enjoy the journey!! it really is a great one

Swinging On Small Hinges said...

Yay! Congratulations! :)

Rachel said...

I am excited for you!

Diana said...

I can't wait to hear about your experiences. I have loved all the talks and writings we have had back and forth on this topic. I even mentioned adoption to Richard last week. I'm sure we'll be talking more

Natalie said...

This is such exciting news. You are a wonderful Mommy and adoption is great. Lucky baby and lucky family too.

Steph said...

This is awesome! Best of luck. We've talked about international adoption/special needs adoption as well. Pretty casually so far but if down the road it becomes real for us I'm sure we'll be talking more! All the best.

Emily White said...

what a great opportunity!

Karla said...

How very exciting! I am sure you can guess how I feel about adoption :) I can't wait to follow you on your journey, be sure to keep us all posted on your blog.

My good friend used Guardian Angel here in Utah. They did not pay any fees until they were placed with there little one. They also had a fast placement. A great agency if you are casting your bread on the water. They had a wonderful experience. Hurray!!

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

Horray!! I hope you are Paper Pregnant very soon! :)

David and Stacie said...

That is wonderful news, When I am done having my own children I want to adopt a couple of kids. You are going to be a blessing in this(future) child's life.

Ashlie Castle said...

MEL!! That is Awesome! I'm so happy for you! What an exciting/amazing/happy adventure for your family. Congrats, and can't wait to hear more!

p.s. i bought a zoo pass this year and you and your kiddos could get in free, we should plan a trip up there!!