Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree

Decorating the Christmas tree can be stressful with the little ones. They all want at the ornament boxes at the same time. Its a bit chaotic. This makes it into a lesson of patience for everyone, but mostly for me.

The Tree. Notice now, that there are no ornaments below a certain level, and the lowest hanging ones are non breakable. The paper chain was made by Amelia and daddy.
We have needed a tree topper for some years now, and I just haven't gotten around to going out and buying one. As a solution, I got the idea from pinterest and made our 3dementional star.

I have bought ornaments the day after Christmas when they are half price for years. Since having kids, I haven't been as eager to brave the stores the day after Christmas, so there are a few years where I have no new ornaments. I have many favorites and thought it would be fun to share pictures of a few of them.

"Joy to the World" Love the globe as the balloon and different colors of skin on the kids.

...because Christmas isn't complete without goodies...

Image of sugar plums- you pull the string and the little heads move back and forth while the circle with candies rotate.

Dec the Dog- look at the eyes on that dog. Reminds me so much of the face our lab Lola makes when Amelia dresses her in her cloths.

Flash back from 2001- I was 15 when I bought this ornament, and its still one of my favorites. This one was a big hit with the kids. It's a clip on the branch sort and was lower on the tree, Amelia and Miles kept moving it around to different branches.
I make a point of putting the tree up before December starts and taking it down before New Years so we get a good month's enjoyment out of the tree. Its amazing to me to think that its up 1/12 of the year. I love it.

1 comment:

Nick and Dani said...

Hey! I just discovered this blog! Your tree looks great! Luckily, since I moved this year I didn't have to protect a Christmas tree from my little stinkers! Your tree looks very nice despite having to put ornaments high enough to be safe!