Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas!!!

The tree on Christmas Eve in all her glory ready for the big day!
Christmas morning I woke up feeling aweful. I knew I was coming down with something. However the day would not wait. Since last year the kids woke up about 5am, I am convinced it was a Christmas Miracle that the kids slept in till 8:14!!

Amelia with her Horse Mosaics by Numbers craft.
With her rocking horse.
Brodrick and Miles loved all of the Imaginext Space set we got them. Tim and I joked that we didn't need to open any presents under the tree since all they wanted to do was play with what was up and ready for them when they came down stairs.
Miles with his John Elway Starting Lineup Figure. He also got a Alex Rodrigues and Brodrick got a Jerry Rice and a Lou Gehrig. Add them to Miles already beloved Jackie Robinson and they make for some pretty fun times!
A pretty cute story- because Miles already had a great love for his Jackie Robinson figure/toy, when he saw that Brodrick got a black athlete, Jerry Rice, and he did not, he was pretty jealous. Aparently he has it in his head somehow that black people are the best athletes. Watch any major sports team play and you know why. So crazy how kids get those ideas in their heads at such young ages.

After presents and breakfast I went to bed and didn't really get up all day. Thankfully the kids were happy with their new toys so not too much damage was done.  Brodrick caught the flu on the 23rd and thanks to some doTerra essential oils he got over it by Christmas. I got the flu on Christmas and got feeling better in about a day, but then ended up with a sinus infection and an ear infection. Boy do I have a new found sympathy for my children who have had reccurent ear infections. Ear pain is some of the worst I've experienced. 

Here I am with a fever of 103.3, doing my best to give love and attention to my kids while I fight off the sickness.
For the rest of Christmas break Tim, Amelia, and Miles all passed around the flu. It was no fun to be dealing with all the sickness but we are glad we are past it! It puts our blessings in perspective for sure.

No comments: